Each campus has its own library, student accommodation, and sports facilities. There are also plenty of places for you to relax and take a break in cafés and food outlets, where you can meet up with friends, have fun and socialise.
Oxford Brookes University’s extensive facilities for students include:
Oxford Brookes is renowned for its sport and if you want to get involved there is plenty of choice and facilities to match:
- Health and fitness suites
- Climbing room and lead tower
- A brand new boathouse on the Thames for our elite rowers
- Badminton, squash and tennis courts
- Floodlit all-weather pitch, suitable for hockey and football
- Outdoor pitches for netball, lacrosse and cricket
- 25-metre swimming pool
- 9-hole golf course
- Libraries on each of the campuses providing a friendly place to study near to the teaching centres.
- 170 student computers and internet access for personal laptops
- 1, 200 study spaces offering silent, quiet and group work options in a secure environment
- Buildings open and staffed over 75 hours a week during semester time
- Subject specialist librarians providing one-to-one help and support
Oxford Brookes’ computing facilities include:
- Over 1000 open access PCs, many of which are available 24 hours a day
- A computer help desk and shop for technical enquiries, hire of laptop computers and the sale of computer consumables
- Google Chromebooks available to borrow free of charge at all main libraries
- An online learning environment that supports diverse disciplines
- A wide range of software, covering word-processing, spreadsheets, statistics, CAD, graphing, drawing, presentations, project management, desktop publishing, and programming. There are dozens of programmes that relate to the teaching and learning of specific subjects
- All rooms in the university’s halls of residence are connected to the university network to provide access to the internet, email and online learning facilities
Students at Oxford Brookes automatically become a member of the Students’ Union. Run by students for students, the Student Union is central to Oxford Brookes life. The Union is home to around 60 diverse clubs and societies, including various international societies like the Japanese society or the Indian society, which are a great way for you to meet new people and discover new hobbies and interests. It is also the central point for students to get advice, support and representation.
The University caters to each student’s needs with their support services ranging from study advice, careers and employment centre, IT support, students’ union advice centre, disability service, mature students service, counselling and research training.
There are specialist support services for international students including the International Student Advice Team to help students with issues such as visas, employment and finance before arrival and at any throughout their time at the University. There is also free English language support available to you.
Health and Wellbeing
Our medical centre on Headington campus is staffed by doctors and nurses who offer a confidential and comprehensive medical service. There is also a dental practice and osteopathy clinic.
Accommodation options include single study bedrooms in halls of residence, many of which are en suite. These provide students with a safe and secure living environment and are a great way to meet new friends. International students are guaranteed a place in halls in their first year provided they meet the application deadlines.