Oxford University courses Undergraduate

July 17, 2016
Academic details

Replacement and additional certificates

If your degree certificate is lost, stolen or damaged, you can order a replacement certificate at a cost of £30. Please note that students are only permitted to have one copy of their certificate in their possession at any one time, so multiple copies cannot be requested.

If you graduated prior to October 2010 and did not receive your degree certificate following the ceremony, you are entitled to request a free copy. Certificates can be ordered through the University online shop, or by completing the postal order form (for free of charge certificates, or payment by cheque only) from the ‘Related documents’ section on the right hand side of this page.

Degree confirmation letters

If you have passed your examinations and have not had your degree conferred at a degree ceremony, or if you have attended a ceremony but require proof of your award to present to a third party, you can request a degree confirmation letter free of charge. The letter will confirm that you have successfully completed your course at the University of Oxford, the dates of attendance and the classification you received.

Research students: In order to obtain a degree confirmation letter for a research degree, you are required to submit a hardbound copy of your thesis together with an electronic copy before your letter may be produced. If you commenced your research degree prior to October 2007, you are not required to submit an electronic copy of your thesis.

You may order degree confirmation letters through the University online shop or by completing the postal order form in the ‘Related documents’ section on the right hand side of this page. When ordering letters through the online shop you will not have to input payment details in order to complete your order.

Due to the festive break, the Degree Conferrals office will not be processing orders placed after 23:59 GMT Sunday 20 December 2015 until Monday 4 January 2016. To allow orders to be processed as quickly as possible in January, only contact us if you have not received confirmation of dispatch by Friday 8 January 2016.

If you have chosen to collect your confirmation letter, we will notify you by email when it is available. If you would like somebody to collect the confirmation letter on your behalf, please email the name of the person to Degree Conferrals. When you collect your confirmation letter you will need to bring photographic identification with you to ensure the document is released to the correct person.

Tier 1 Post Study Work visa applications

On 6 April 2012, Tier 1 (Post Study Work) closed to new applicants and, for the purpose of applying for this visa we will no longer be able to issue a degree confirmation letter. Visit after your studies.

Name changes

The name which you held when you completed your degree (granted 'leave to supplicate') will be the name on your degree certificate and degree confirmation letter. The only retrospective changes that can be made are where an administrative error has occurred or where the University is required to make a retrospective change under the provisions of the Gender Recognition Act 2004.

If you have changed your name following completion of your course of study, (for example, through marriage, or by Deed Poll), and wish to demonstrate to a prospective employer or education institution that your degree certificate or confirmation letter belongs to you, supporting documentation showing the name change should accompany the certificate. Visit your student record.

Source: www.ox.ac.uk
University of Cambridge Postgraduate Certificate in
University of Cambridge Postgraduate Certificate in ...
Oxford University
Oxford University
Share this Post