ShareThe University of Freiburg, founded in 1457, is one of the oldest universities in Germany and looks back on a long tradition of excellence in teaching and research.
Whether in the humanities, the sciences or engineering, Freiburg's students and faculty have made a significant impact on the academic world.
The 11th and newest faculty of the university is the Faculty of Engineering which was established in 1995. It comprises the Department of Computer Science and the Department of Microsystems Engineering offering undergraduate and graduate degree programs to approximately 1, 200 students.
The University of Freiburg, with 22, 000 students, is strongly integrated into the city and most evenings it becomes clear that this is a college town.
Located in southwest Germany at the foothills of the Black Forest, Freiburg benefits from a mild climate and its proximity to France and Switzerland.Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) Degree Courses (3 yrs) - Taught in German:
- Embedded Systems Engineering
- Computer Science
- Mikrosystemtechnik (Microsystems Engineering)
Master of Science (M.Sc.) Degree Courses (2 yrs)
- Master of Science in Computer Science (English & German)
- Master of Science in Embedded Systems Engineering (English & German)
- Master of Science in Microsystems Engineering (English)
- Mikrosystemtechnik (German)
Specific contact pagesOne of the pioneers in the field of international graduate education in Germany, Esslingen Graduate School offers three accredited master's degree programs taught in English to students from around the world.
Ideally located in the heart of Europe, our school is situated in Esslingen, only 15km from Stuttgart city centre in the Baden-Württemberg region of southern Germany.
Alumna Dr. Grace Ng-Krülle, MBA 1999, now a Research Fellow at Solution Forest in Australia wrote: "The Esslingen MBA is a melting pot of culture, a platform for brainstorming ideas and for building relationships that cut across conventional borders."
Our master's programs in International Industrial Management, Automotive Systems, and Design & Development in Automotive & Mechanical Engineering each take 1.5 years (3 semesters) to complete.
Thanks to our dedication to meeting current industry needs, our programs keep abreast of industrial change and respond to the needs of the industry for highly-qualified, international talent at management level.
We work closely with many renowned companies in the Neckar Valley, such as Bosch, Festo and Daimler.International Master's Degree Programs taught in English:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) in International Industrial Management: 3 semesters (1.5 years)
- Master of Engineering (MEng) in Automotive Systems: 3 semesters (1.5 years)
- Master of Engineering (MEng) in Design and Development in Automotive and Mechanical Engineering: 3 semesters (1.5 years)Study from wherever you are!
University of Liverpool (UOL) offers over 30 fully online masters, doctorate degrees and one-year postgraduate certificates for Germany & global working professionals and students in the fields of Administration, Management, Finance, Information Technology, Psychology, Health, Education and Law.
Outstanding Reputation - Ranked in the Top 1% of Universities Worldwide*.
• Founded in 1881, UOL has a global reputation as one of the great centres of research, knowledge and innovation, and is a member of the UK’s prestigious Russell Group of research-led universities.
• One of Europe's largest providers of 100% online postgraduate degrees.
• Today, more than 10, 500 students from over 160 countries have chosen it for their online Masters or Doctorate degrees.
• Our online programmes provide students with a flexible, international and collaborative learning environment, enabling them to achieve a quality degree from a prestigious UK university whilst acquiring the knowledge to advance their careers.
• Many countries, including the US and Canada, accept the standard of degrees awarded by UK universities as equivalent to their own.
“I chose the University of Liverpool because of the flexibility of its online degrees, and because I wanted a British education with a strong international reputation.”
- Frederik Duchi, Graduate
*As listed in the International Handbook of Universities, published by the International Association of Universities (2014)- MBA Program
- DBA Program
- MSc in Management
- MSc in Mgmt (Oil & Gas)
- MSc in Information Systems Mgmt
- MSc in Project Management (General, IT, IS, Construction, Oil & Gas)
- MSc in Operations & Supply Chain Mgmt
- MSc in International Accounting & Finance
- MSc in Corporate Finance
- MSc in Marketing
- MSc in HR Management
- MSc in IT
- MSc in Software Engineering
- MSc in Web Sciences & Big Data
- MSc in Psychology
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Public Administration
- LLM International Business Law
- Doctor of Education (Higher Education)
&.. MA in International Business & Economics:
- Two-year research-based masters degree program
- Taught in English
- Mandatory exchange semester
BA in International Business & Economics:
- Three-year bachelors degree program
- Taught in English & German
- Exchange semester
Reaching across academic fields, the LAS Bachelor's Degree is complementary to the University’s existing disciplinary Bachelor programs. It is hosted by the University College Freiburg (UCF) and started in October 2012 with a pioneer group of 78 students.
Developing our own specific perspective on a long tradition of Liberal Education in the United States and on recent highly successful interpretations of that tradition in the Netherlands, we emphasize problem-orientation, student-centeredness and an international outlook.
Situated at the heart of Europe, in direct proximity to both Switzerland and France, Freiburg is one of Germany’s most beautiful cities. The capital of the famous Black Forest region, it is well known for its extremely high quality of life.- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Arts and Sciences (B.A. / B.Sc.) taught in English.
Majors include: Culture and History; Life Sciences; Earth and Environmental Sciences; Governance. You can also choose from a range of elective courses.Master of Science (MSc) in Optics & Photonics
- Duration: 2 years, taught in English
- Optical Systems
- Biomedical Photonics
- Solar Energy
- Advanced Spectroscopy
- Photonic Materials & Devices
Doctorate Degree Program:
- PhD in Optics & Photonics
This diversity of academic and scientific disciplines combines with high-quality research and excellent study conditions to make Hannover University an attractive option for students from all over Europe and the world. 4, 000 of the approximate 21, 000 students come from abroad, with the dormitories of the Student Administration Hannover (Studentenwerk Hannover) offering good and affordable housing.